Sunday, September 30, 2012

Custom Pinterest Party Invite Tutorial

I wrote about my teenage daughter's Pinterest Party yesterday and listed my top 10 tips for a successful Pinterest party. One of my best tips was to use evite or a facebook event page so your guests can comment on what craft and food they're bringing. To help out would-be Pinterest partiers, I'm offering a tutorial (along with a freebie design for the taking, below) on how to take a generic Evite template and make it into a custom Pinterest Party invite.



My teenage daughter does everything on facebook--so using the above jpeg as the main image of a facebook event page is perfect for her age group. But as a mom, I'm more likely to send out an e-mail or evite for my casual event.

Here's how to use the image with evite:

I took this already pretty dang cute photo e-vite template:




 Added this custom coordinating Pinterest Party jpeg I whipped up:


And put it all together for a custom Pinterest Party evite.


While I do love a good paper invitation (um... I AM in the paper business afterall!), for some events an evite will suffice, and may even be a better solution. I do have a printed version of this invitation design that coordinates with this evite in my shop, but I have to say, I think the evite--for a Pinterest Party--is handier than a printed invitation alone, as people can comment on what craft they are doing and which goodies they are bringing on the evite RSVP page.



Have I mentioned how much I love Pinterest? It kinda changed my life. I wrote my very first blog post about it, actually!


Feel free to save this custom jpeg and use it with the coordinating evite template for your own Pinterest Party! 
P.S. You can also use this jpeg as the anchor image on a facebook 'event' page for your Pinterest party,  if facebook is your thing. You can also insert it into an e-mail with party details if that's easiest for you

Can't wait for the next Pinterest party! Have you been to one yet?

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of a pinterest party before! Sounds intriguing - am off to check out the links!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this! Very handy tips! Could you paste the text from the invite here somewhere?

    ReplyDelete